Wednesday 12 June 2013

Purple Pretties and Entries J & K

In my last blog, I mentioned that I'd picked up Sephoras 'What Film Noir You In?' and Chanels 'Taboo'




WFNYI is a gorgeous, bright shimmery purple that's opaque in 2 coats.  I don't think the pictures do it justice. This one rang up at $2.00, and the SA figured they might be getting ready to discontinue it.  I honestly don't know why they would...everyone who's seen this polish absolutely loves it.  Let's just hope the price I paid was some sort of error and that this polish will continue to be available for some time to come!

Taboo is a dark purple with lighter purple and blue within its depths.  One thing Chanel is known for is the hidden shimmers in their polishes...rather like looking at a top quality gem.  Pretty at first glance, but when you really look, you see so much more.  And, as with their other polishes, Taboo is pretty opaque after one coat.  However, because they're so thick you're better off carefully applying a thin coat and doing a second after a good amount of drying time.  If you don't watch it, these polishes will bubble like crazy.  I suppose I could thin them, but I'm afraid I'd ruin it. 

Back to WFNYI, I just had to use this one in some form of nail art.  As I've had 'Cartoon' nails on my to do list for a while now, I decided to take the plunge and am so glad I did!  I think this mani came out pretty damn good, especially considering it was my first stab at it.



 This was a very easy manicure and there's a couple ways you can do it.  The way I chose was to do a black base color and then add the purple inside of it.  I won't lie, I made good use of my smaller dotting tools to clean up the black around it and make it as even as possible.  I also used a dotting tool for the white exclamation marks.  The other way to do this would've been to do the purple as a base color and add a black border around it with either a dotting tool or small paint brush.  If you feel confident enough to do that, you should because it takes a lot less time that way.  But I wouldn't be me if I wasn't taking the long way around.

Since I still had the WFNYI/Taboo combo on my other hand, I decided to make it my 'J' entry by adding 365 Days of Colors 'Jellybean There, Done That' over WFNYI.  Jellybean There, Done That is one of 2 limited editions that Sunny created for her Easter Mystery Bags. It's a pink, white, purple and light blue glitter mix in a clear base.




For my 'K' entry, I decided to revisit the Cartoon nails manicure, this time using Picture Polishs 'Kryptonite'.  I don't think this one came out as good as the other one did but in my defense I did it on my right hand, which means I had to use my left to paint with.






Well, I think that's about it for now!  I'll be back next time with entries 'L' and 'M'!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment