Monday 4 March 2013

Raindrops and Skittles!

Hello hello!  I had a bit of fun at the Illamasqua counter yesterday due to stockpiling my Debenhams Beauty Club rewards and their having a small Mothers Day sale.  One of the polishes I managed to score was the much sought after Raindrops.





 Raindrops is a milky gray with white flakes that, to me, almost seems to have a hint of blue depending on the lighting.  It was discontinued some time ago and was brought back these past few months to much cheering, and promptly sold out both in store and online.  I got lucky that the Illa. counter at the Meadowhall Debenhams still had a few left.

I've heard that some have had problems with the formula....I did have some streaking on the first coat, but after that it was smooth sailing.  Two coats later and you could still kind of see my nails through it.  The first picture was taken with a flash.





Overall I'm pleased with it. I think this is one of those colors that kind of grows on you.  I was a bit 'Meh' about it at first, but then I found myself staring at my hands on and off the rest of the night.  Word has it that Illamasqua is putting a pink version into production after reaching their desired number of Facebook fans.  I doubt I'll be getting that one, but it'll be interesting to see the pictures.

Next up we have what's known as 'Skittles'.  Pretty self-explanatory...just means a different color on each nail.  Since I managed to get ahold of 5 polishes by RubyWhiteTips, it was only natural that I used these wonderful brightly colored gems in this way.


From thumb to pinky: Boo2, Peekaboo, Sugarbush, Poppy and Color Changing Orange to Yellow.

Boo2, Peekaboo and Poppy are polishes that Laura makes to help raise money for Bat World, a sanctuary for bats that have been brought in or found and, usually due to health reasons, are considered non-releasable.  They also do a great deal to educate the public on the importance of bats.  I urge you to check out their web site and see what they're all about.  There's also several uber cute bat videos in some of the bat bios on the Sponsor a Bat in Need page.  50% of the proceeds from the Bat World polishes go to the sanctuary.

These polishes are a pleasure to work with.  The go on smoothly and are almost one-coaters except for Peekaboo which is a lovely sheer lavender that builds to opaque in a few coats.  Boo2 dries to an almost matte finish and there's a 'sugary' texture to Boo2 and Sugarbush.  RWT is also doing a special 'No name, only a number' polish for her Facebook fans, the details of which can be found Here .  So be sure to check out everything she has to offer, including the polishes in her Kill Bill collection!

Well, that's it for now.  Hopefully you aren't falling asleep and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment