Saturday 27 April 2013

I'm A Slacker

I should've done this a while ago, but it's been one thing after another around here.  Jax is doing much better though.  The hard part is keeping him from bouncing and running around.  He's back to the vet on the 3rd, so hopefully he'll get the all clear.  Only thing that's worrying us is that he's not been walking on that leg much this past week, and we're afraid he may have overdone it somehow.  But short of sedating him, there's not much we can do and even then it might not settle him down.

This past weeks entries were 'C' and 'D'.  My C entry was a cherry blossom mani.  I think it came out nice, but I definitely intend to do this one again some time.  The base color was RubyWhiteTips Polish With No Name


I think the branches were a bit too thick in some places, and the extra white dots should've been smaller..I think it looks a bit too 'busy', though everyone who's seen it disagrees.  But at least I know what to fix for next time.

My D entry is my favorite so far.  When I saw the Double Ruffian mani by Lucys Stash I just had to try it.  Usually I don't have much luck with anything involving forms, but I really love how this came out.




The pink is Focus by Picture Polish, the gold is Mummy Mush from Pretty Serious and the blue is Cosmos, also from Picture polish.  It was really easy to do when it was all said and done.  I used a curved french manicure form and placed the bottom against the cuticle.  The second coat was free-handed carefully.  Then I took another form and aligned the bottom so it rested at the top of the pink and so on for the rest of it.  I just love the polishes from Picture Polish and Pretty Serious, so you should definitely check them out.  Both brands can be purchased from Llarowe .

I'll be back soon to show you my 'E' and 'F' entries.  E is done, but I still haven't got a clue as to what my F one will be.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment