Thursday 11 April 2013

Now I Know My ABC's.....

It's been a little bit in between posts.  Kinda busy around here...first we were all sick and then The Annoying Pomeranian had to have surgery on one of his back legs due to having a floating knee cap, so they had to deepen the socket and realign a ligament.  He'll have to have the other back leg done as well, but we're planning to wait a few months before putting him through all this again.  He's doing good now, though we had a bumpy weekend cause he was having bathroom issues.  He has 6 stitches that are due to come out tomorrow.  Never fear though, he's almost 100% back to his usual whining, demanding self.  Here's a pic of him with his nekkid leg-


Now, onto the nail stuff!

Once again the lovely Erica of Erica's Nails and More is holding a nail art challenge.  This one is a bit of a marathon.  Based on the ABCs, there's a different letter each week for a total of 26 weeks (duh!).  Either the type of art, brand or color of the polish has to begin with the letter of the week.


The complete rules can be found HERE if anyone is interested.  I've decided to do a blog for every 2 entries instead of writing one each week.

And so...onto the letter A!

I decided to do an 'A is for Anarchy' for this entry.  Polishes used were Orly Liquid Vinyl and Color Club Mamba. I know there should be a circle around/in the 'A', but not putting something that should be there is my own personal form of anarchism.  Last time I checked, anarchists don't follow the rules.



This was quite easy to do.  The base color was half black, then half red.  Added some top coat and once that was dry I applied the striping tape and reversed the colors (black over the red, red over the black).  The most difficult thing was wrestling the tape into position.  Oh, and finding a red that was thick enough to cover the black in one coat.  

For B we have a french manicure, glitter style.  Polishes used were Illamasqua Baptiste, RubyWhiteTips prototype Million Grapes and Models Own Gold Rush.




The heart shaped rhinestone was a last minute decision, as I felt it needed something more.  To be honest, I almost did away with this one completely because, for some reason, I wasn't feeling it.  After putting the hearts on, I fell in love with it. 

Well, this Sunday a C mani is due and since I'm still clueless on what I want to do, I'd better quit writing and get my thinking cap on.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment